As a result of the many different and confusing insurance company reimbursement policies, it is necessary to have an easily understood financial responsibility policy.
· It is important for you to provide the office with complete insurance information for all carriers with whom you are insured at the time of service. If you have an insurance card, we need to make a copy of it at each office visit to ensure that your current insurance information is on file.
· As a service to our patients, we will submit your insurance claim to your primary insurance company. Our office will provide the insurance company with all the information necessary to help you receive maximum benefit from your insurance plan. However, it is the patient’s responsibility to know the insurance coverage and benefits limit of their particular policy.
· If a claim is denied, we will research why the rejection occurred and either resubmit to insurance or bill you the appropriate balance. If the claim is denied a second time, the appropriate balance immediately becomes the responsibility of the patient and should be paid to us directly. You may contact your insurance company for reimbursement.
· If the patient has coverage with a second insurance company, we will submit all secondary claims directly to that insurance company along with a copy of the explanation of benefits from the primary insurance.
· Insurance is a patient’s benefit designed to assist the patient in their financial obligation to the office of DiCostanzo Dental. The patient is the one receiving the dental service and therefore is ultimately responsible for all charges on the account regardless of any insurance coverage. This applies to everyone in the family who is treated in the office of DiCostanzo Dental.
· The office will collect the patient’s deductible and the estimated co-pay at the time of service. After the primary insurance payment is received, the patient will be billed for any difference between the anticipated insurance payment and the actual insurance payment. If the insurance payment is greater than the estimation, we will either refund the amount to the patient or leave the credit balance on the patient’s account to be applied toward future treatment.
· In the event that the patient does not have insurance coverage, charges for services are due and payable at the time services are rendered. The patient is also responsible for any insurance claims not paid within 90 days of service.
You can choose from:
· Discover Card
For our valued patients who do not have dental insurance coverage, we offer a 10% discount on services when paying with cash or check, and a 5% discount when paying with a credit card.
We also offer convenient monthly payment plans from CareCredit and The Medical Bureau of Pittsburgh which allow you to pay overtime and have no annual fees or pre-payment penalties.